Preparing for your Initial Consultation – Financial Issues
What can I do to prepare for my initial consultation in relation to property?
To get the most out of your initial consultation you may consider attending to the following:
- Complete our Client Information Form, which we can e-mail to you beforehand.
- Download and read the brochures: Marriages, Families & Separation and Financial Cases No. 1-5, which are available on the Family Court’s website.
- Download and view the Power Point Information Session in relation to Property, available on the Family Court’s website.
- Prepare a typed list of assets and liabilities of the parties.
- Bring any financial documents with you that may shed light on the assets and liabilities.
- You will discuss the significant milestones of the relationship and you may refresh your memory beforehand.
- Arrive approximately 10 minutes early to ensure that you have sufficient time to find parking and arrive in a clear frame of mind.